Is it a good idea to enjoy this Christmas with Van and my horse?

I am a bored person. I fad up from things early or maybe I want to give a little break to myself. That’s why I rented a van, thinking to attach it with my horsebox, put my horse in it and go for a long vacation till Christmas. My husband is thinking maybe I am doing this to make him scary but I am serious as I have started searching cheap insurance quotes for my horsebox too.

Do you think is it a nice idea to celebrate my joy alone or should I don’t give panic to my family and should postpone my alone travelling plan?

I am just confused or busy life gave me mental stress. Can you give some serious and feasible suggestions?

1 Like

I definitely think you should go with Family for thanksgiving weekend!

1 Like

Greetings!

Most people find that their problems follow them. A rental van, unless it’s a camper van, is likely to be miserable if you don’t have experience on how to outfit it, and that can be costly too. It might also be uncomfortable. Something like a Class C motorhome might be more comfortable.

Escaping usually isn’t the answer. We need to understand that most things in life we don’t have a choice over, what we do have a choice over is how we choose to deal with it. We can let stuff get to us and drag us down, or we can accept it as a life lesson and laugh it off. Happiness comes from within. Depression meds help a lot of people too.

People need to get over this “Me, Me, Me” attitude. Family and friends should always come first. Body, mind, and soul, we profit more by giving than by receiving. If we create a happy world around us, we will be happy too. If we create an unhappy world around us, we will be unhappy too. A smile is contagious, and after a short while all those people smiling back at you will lift your spirits too.

Put away your cell phone, stay off social media sites like facebook etc; and put away the games. There’s a better life beyond all that. Take a good look around and count your blessings. There’s people living in tents, under bridges, and in doorways, and you think “YOU” have problems?

If you’re bored, go volunteer helping the homeless, the elderly, or the disabled. The love and appreciation you’ll receive in return will surely lift your spirits.

Hobbies can be another great way to solve boredom. Something you enjoy doing that will never get old. My hobby is making money. Anytime I have spare time. or get bored, I spend that time learning new ways to make money. Then if I make some extra money, I can treat my loved ones or myself to something special. I learned to knit and crochet, so I could make special matching sweaters, hats, gloves, and scarves for my loved ones. There’s a million things we can do to keep from being bored. We are only limited by our own imaginations, and there’s unlimited places online to inspire us with new ideas.

Try to find things you can enjoy WITH your husband. Maybe a romantic weekend getaway, or a cruise, or even just a walk in the park. What about local attractions you can enjoy together, or maybe go out to a movie and dinner. It doesn’t have to be expensive to be enjoyable. Maybe just a drive in the country. Go watch the trains, planes, or boats, whatever is handy. Drive around and look at people’s Christmas lights and displays. I enjoy sightseeing old Victorian style houses with lots of gingerbread that are all painted up fancy. Once again, we’re only limited by our imaginations.

There are amazing places to go and things to do almost everywhere, often in our backyards. Google your city’s name followed by “attractions”. You might be amazed by what you’ve been missing out on. It’s the time of year for Christmas Bazaar’s too.

Good Luck!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

2 Likes

Thanks! I was just thinking maybe I got into PTSD.

Thank you so much for such as helpful and detailed reply. I wasn’t expecting such kind of help.

1 Like

I can relate to many sides of this. As much as we would like to have the resources to spend every holiday with family and friends, at times our own mental health might need to come first. I am reminded of what the flight attendants tell us to do if the oxygen masks come down and we are traveling with small children. Who do you put the mask on first? If you are incapacitated for lack of oxygen, you’re not going to be able to assist anyone else. You put the mask on yourself first! This is not “me, me, me.” This is self-preservation! In order to be there for your family, you have to save your own self first.

I don’t understand what you mean regarding your horse trailer. Is it a pull-behind type? You may or may not be permitted to tow a trailer, depending on what type of van you rent. If you get a Uhaul or something like that, you will definitely need to ask first about towing.

The other thing to consider, of course, is what you will be likely to find when you return. Will your family be OK with you taking off for the holiday, or will it be a trauma for them? Will they understand that you need to rejuvenate alone with your horse?

Be well,

Laura

2 Likes

Greetings!

Marriage problems need to be solved together. One sided relationships don’t work. Boredom is self inflicted, there is ALWAYS something that needs doing. Her actions directly affect him, so he needs to be involved in the decision making. Leaving him out is definitely being selfish.

How would she feel if the situation was reversed? Hurt, betrayed, angry? His feelings are just as valid as hers. Partnerships are communication, cooperation, and compromises. There is no “me” in “we”. Everybody affected deserves a voice in the decision making. If she follows through without his consent, she may not have a home to come back to. Then what? Are the who are encouraging her going to take her in and support her? Not likely…

The grass always looks greener elsewhere, but it’s usually an illusion. Her unhappiness is likely to follow her anyway.

Cheers!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

They can allow me but as usual as a single woman they think it is very risky. Otherwise, my family is support.