Hello from New Zealand

Introduce Yourself…

Hello Everyone, excited to be joining this community. I’m a vanlifer from beautiful New Zealand.
I’ve been living in my 1999 Ford Transit for over a year now and absolutely love vanlife. The best thing about it for me is how it helped me simplify my life and focus more on what’s really important to me. I’ve been able to really scale back at work so now only do about 15 hours per week (I work in marketing, mostly remotely). The rest of the time I spend surfing, kitesurfing, exploring new places, reading and writing.
Writing is my big passion. I write a blog called Life Done Differently about not following the traditional path in life, finding happiness and searching for the meaning of life. I’ve also recently started writing a series of stories about other people who are doing life differently. You can check it out on my blog. just google Life Done Differently blog and you should find it.

I’m assuming most of you are based in North America (or Europe???) but if there are any Kiwis here or if any of you are thinking about coming for a visit, I’d be keen to connect.

Thanks for having me and looking forward to being part of this community.

Lisa

Greetings & Welcome!

Don’t slack off from work too much, you need to be saving. A good rule of thumb is to save at least as much as you spend each month, if not more.

The years fly by quickly, and while I fortunate enough to learn how to make money online after my retirement, my biggest regret was not saving more money along the way. Emergencies can happen too, and you can be in a world of hurt if you don’t have enough money. Now I have enough saved to buy a house if I want one, and live comfortably. This allows me to sleep much better at night, never worrying about money ever again.

I’ll try and check out your blog when I have some free time.

Cheers!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

Hey welcome, Lisa,

I am from Europe - Prague :blush: and New Zealand is actually my dream country I want to visit in my life. Suddenly its on the opposite side of our planet :smiley: Well, one day we will make it! :slight_smile:

Travel and kite safe!

Luke