Hello Fellow Vanlifers!

I’m a 19 year old solo female vanlifer in Colorado. I’m close to finishing my conversion and move in will be March first, so I’m anxious about the Colorado weather :grimacing::snowflake:️:snowman_with_snow:️
I wanted to introduce myself and share a bit of my story!

Its quite a long story, but my fiancé has decided he is not ready for marriage and will be spending an undecided length of time exploring Iceland alone and totally off grid.

With him as our primary financial provider I have chosen vanlife because the cost of living is outrageous and without him I simply can’t afford it. Vanlife is something I had been talking with my fiancé about for a while. I wanted us to spend a couple of years van dwelling and exploring everywhere we possibly could.

Now that my future is a big “?” I have decided to take this dream of vanlife into my own hands and do my own exploring and self discovery. And with Chris McCandless being my childhood hero I absolutely can’t wait to live a simple life on the road as a “rubber-tramp” haha!

Introduce Yourself…

1 Like

They say “What’s meant to be will always find a way”. Looks like van life was meant to be for you :blush::two_hearts:

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

How do you plan on financing this fantastic journey? A lot of travel means a lot of gas money and vehicle maintenance and repairs. It can easily cost more than an apartment, and jobs can be very difficult to find. Work at home or online jobs are the best, but beware, there are many scams out there.

Cheers!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

1 Like

Hey! Its good to “meet” you :slight_smile: I also am a solo female traveler and just bought a van as well. I was tired of waiting for others and decided to jump in and go! Here’s the adventure!

3 Likes

A remote job somewhere would be great. For now I’ll work in the city for a couple months out of the year then travel the rest. I’m also an artist and am hoping to move into selling my work as products soon.

Thank you for reaching out !

1 Like

It’s awesome to hear from other female travelers!

Cheers !

Greetings!

Most people figure a minimum of about $1,000/month all in. I came in at $6k for last year, and probably close to the same this year, but I also have a very reliable van, use only free wifi, don’t have a gym membership, and don’t travel too much any more, or pay to camp or park anywhere. My systems are also among the cheapest to operate, but I don’t compromise on comfort, convenience, or reliability.

Working 9-10 months to travel for 2-3 months is probably more realistic, unless you can land a work at home or online job. An online business of your own is even better. I did read a post from somebody who said they worked through a national temp agency, and they could get work anywhere they wanted. They didn’t name the temp agency, or the type of work they did.

If I had a do-over, I would work a regular job until I could build up an even larger online income, be 100% debt free, and have a very large emergency fund, before quitting and hitting the road. If you gamble nothing, you will lose nothing.

Cheers!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

1 Like