Best van design ever!

Hey guys! Hope I got your attention with this headline! :blush:

Just wanted to share with you our new DIY campervan (FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @sharehappiness.cz) we finished this year! I believe it is very nice and clean considering design :slight_smile: Of course I do not want to show off - I wanted to offer my help and say that I am happy to answer all your questions regarding the conversion, if you have any :slight_smile:

Looking forward to helping you guys!

Travel safe!
Luke

Greetings!

Your build looks nice, but without windows all around and access between the cab and cabin, it wouldnโ€™t work for me.

Cheers!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

Hey, thanks for your opinion. There actually are windows all around, so you can see whats going on around you. You just cant go to the cabin from the back.

Greetings!

Windows really make a huge difference in the livability of a rig.

Iโ€™m curious as to why you opted to not be able to move freely between the cab and cabin. I would really miss the convenience.

Cheers!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

Greetings!

Well, there were actually several reasons for that.

First of all - safety first. There are some legal regulations and here in Europe it is not that easy to do a van conversion and simply hit the road. If something bad would happen, you might get yourself in huge trouble. Police and insurance company especially would have a big issue with that. In such a case they can deny any insurance pay-off and you can imagine how expensive it can get if you consider the damage on vehicles, property or even health. So as I mentioned above you need to make sure there are no sharp edges, everything is anchored properly etc. So this is most likely the biggest issue we needed to face to.

The other reason is that we needed as many storage space as possible and we definitely wanted to have the pull-out kitchen cabinet in there. Considering the very limited space in the car, we needed to put it right behind the driverโ€™s seat.

On top of that we had a requirement to have 3 seats in a front and there is no space to walk through to the back anyway.

Thatโ€™s pretty much it :slight_smile:

Does it answer your question? :slight_smile:
Cheers!
Luke

I wanted to upload more pictures of our van here, but I was limited with one only :triumph: So if you want, check our instagram profile under โ€œ@ShareHappiness.czโ€ :slight_smile: